Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Just Watched: Safety Not Guaranteed

Safety Not Guaranteed was one of the best comedies I've seen in a while (right up there with last summer's Horrible Bosses). On top of coming from the same producers as Little Miss Sunshine, an indie comedic classic, SNG showcases two of my favorite TV actors: Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Rec, NBC) and Jake Johnson (New Girl, FOX). Of all the things to be based off of, this film is centered around a wanted ad that originally appeared in a newspaper in the 1990s (in real life, not in the script) that read: "WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. You'll get paid after we get back ... Safety not guaranteed." If you don't think that's the best premise ever, I'm not sure what you're looking for in a comedy. Needless to say, the flick only gets better from there. Not to mention, Safety Not Guaranteed has a lot of heart for a comedy, leading you to places you may not expect. My suggestion? Try this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment