Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Recipe to Cool Down

In case you're not in Michigan at the moment I'll tell you a little something about what's happening here: It's insanely hot! According to some of my co-workers, we've surpassed our record high for today and it's only going to get worse from there (tomorrow's supposed to be 105 degrees). Ew. It's no fun to feel as sticky as we have been lately and one my supervisor shared a lovely (ice cream!) recipe with us today that I felt might be fun to re-share with the blogosphere. Check it out below!

Roger’s Ice Cream Dessert

Ingredients:
8 Tsp. unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup Baker’s coconut
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup chopped walnuts
2 ½ cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
½ gallon of your favorite French Vanilla ice cream

Directions:

Melt 1 stick of unsalted butter in a medium-size saucepan. Take off heat and add 1 cup brown sugar and mix well. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Now, to that mixture, add: 1 cup Baker’s coconut, ½ cup chopped walnuts, 2 ½ cups Rice Krispies, and mix well. Alternate layers of the crumbly mixture with ½ gallon of good quality French Vanilla ice cream (Roger likes Edy’s) in a loaf pan. So first, put down a layer of the crumbly mixture and then a layer of ice cream (Roger lets the ice cream soften a bit for easier packing). Repeat the layers until you’ve filled the pan. Press the whole mixture down as hard as you can while filling the pan. Once the pan is as full as it can get, cover with a piece of waxed paper and put in the freezer. Let it harden and then enjoy.

Roger's NOTE: You’ll notice I use brand names for certain ingredients. I’ve just found that some brands can’t be beat for the best taste.

-- Let me know what you think! I know I'll be attempting to make this very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment