Monday, June 27, 2011

Memorable '90s Theme Songs

Approximately two weeks ago, Flavorwire decided to come out with a list of the most memorable television theme songs of the '90s. Since I felt they were lacking a bit, I've also decided to create a list. Below are those themes that I, personally, find to be the most memorable (some are new, some are repeats) and that I occasionally find myself either singing or humming. For those not in Flavorwire's list, I've included either a sound clip or the actual opening credits.

1. Doug (Unknown)

2. Friends ("I'll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts)
3. Dawson's Creek ("I Don't Wanna Wait" by Paula Cole)
4. Saved By the Bell ("Saved By the Bell" by Unknown)

5. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ("Prince of Bel-Air" by Will Smith)
6. Roswell ("Here With Me" by Dido)

7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer Theme" by Nerf Herder)

8. Sister Sister (Unknown)

9. Charmed ("How Soon is Now?" by Love Spit Love)

10. Law & Order ("Law & Order Theme" by Mike Post)

*Note: Technically, Saved by the Bell began in 1989, but I refuse to consider it anything but a '90s TV show and can't bear to not include it.

Do you have any faves not included on either list?

No comments:

Post a Comment