Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kathy Beth Terry's 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)'

She loves JTT and Hanson and is a master at Skip-It, she's singer Katy Perry's alter ego Kathy Beth Terry.

For her latest single release, "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)," off last summer's Teenage Dream, Katy Perry has gone the extra mile when it comes to promotion, creating an entire persona for the vid in the form of Terry (it includes custom Facebook and Twitter accounts!).

My thoughts? Utterly genius. Through her alter ego, Perry is exposing an outrageous version of her childhood. I mean, who in our generation didn't love JTT (he was, like, the Justin Bieber of the nineties) and dance around to Hanson's "MMMBop"? Maybe some of you did not but I, for one, did and Terry had me cracking up (not to mention extremely jealous that she got Hanson to be in the video). Check out the music video below, also featuring appearances from Corey Feldman, Kenny G, Glee's Kevin McHale and Darren Criss, Rebecca Black and Debbie Gibson.

No comments:

Post a Comment